Friday, February 13, 2009

slowly but surely

okay now I've resorted to weight watchers for weight loss help. The third week into the session I have lost 5% of my weight, 8 pounds. I'm up to 45 minutes on the trainer or elliptical and have resumed my weight workouts. For a change in pace I took advantage of some warm days this month and took to the falling waters trail with Maizey. We walked for at least an hour and I tried to maintain a good pace.
I have decided to participate in Dalmac this year. Some friends from work are doing the U.P. route and I plan to join them. The Dalmac is an organized bike ride from Lansing to Macinaw. There are different routes. The route we are taking takes you across the bridge into the upper penninsula. Should be a challenging ride and to prepare for it I must be sure and put in enough miles during the summer. My other goal is to complete a century ride or 100 mile ride.

No comments: