Sunday, September 20, 2009

summer done now what?





To date I have ridden 2703 miles on my bike this year. This includes 320 mile dalmac ride. The Dalmac is an organized ride from Lansing to Mackinaw city. My friend Sarah and I rode the 4 day west route. What a great experience! The first day we rode through my daughters neighborhood. She was out there at roadside with her husband and my 2 gran dogs Gretchen and Maddy to wish us well.
George, husband to Sarah and best sag guy ever took great care of us. He made sure our tires were sufficiently inflated, bikes were ready to ride and had camp set up when we arrived at the next overnight stop.
Sarah was a great riding partner. She was very encouraging and offered tips throughout the ride. "Come on Rosie lets climb" she would say. It's amazing how those words got me going and helped me up each hill.
So I trained all year for this and I did it!!! Now I need a new goal. Now what?

No comments: